Thursday, August 12, 2010

Facebook free speech, get used to it

Millions of people use Facebook for so many different reasons and we are all free to say what we want, so why should people complain about what others are posting about? I know that everyone has different reasons for being on there. Some people are using it to network, others just want to find old friends, to keep in touch with family, and some to connect with people long distance-the reasons are endless. Everyone is entitled to post what they want, even if they are venting or complaining about something. We are bound to read about stuff we don't want to read and see stuff we don't care to see.

I started seeing people complaining about other people and making rude or suggestive comments about their posts because they don't want to hear complaints or negative things. First of all, I don't want to read about you complaining about someone else's gripe. If you bluntly say you don't care about someone's problems, then fix yours! Do you know there is a block feature so you don't have to see that person's post? Better yet, how about you delete them if you're so tired of reading their postings? Facebook does not make you keep in touch with anyone you aren't interested in. You clearly aren't a very good friend if you have the nerve to voice your thoughts publicly, they will realize you're talking about them and discover how heartless you are. There are people on my friends list that post stuff every now and then that I could care less about but I get over it and move on, I don't see why this is so hard.

There are reasons people make posts on Facebook. Maybe you need an opinion on something, you have a bad day, you're having a fantastic day-whatever it may be. It could be that you want someone to lean on because you are alone, looking for advice, needing input from friends about a dilemma-I don't know. My point is you clearly have no idea why people post things, so have some respect or remove yourself from their friends list if it bothers you so much. Maybe it's time you do some house cleaning on your friends list so you only hear things you are interested in from people you actually care about. This is my gripe for today, not to offend anyone, but it was bugging me and I had to get it out. Thank you and goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment