Saturday, August 28, 2010
memories of the outdoors
I guess you can say I have been thinking about my life and surroundings and wondering where life will take me. Then I got to thinking about how I really enjoy the outdoors, which I haven't seen much of in nearly 7 years. Yes, I love living in the city-the convenience, variety of places to shop, work opportunities and activities. But camping, hiking, sitting by the water, riding a bike, even fishing which I seemed to always be forced to do as a kid-I miss. Every now and then I am reminded of things I learned. From something as simple as setting up a tent to baiting a fish hook and casting out into the cold Washington waters, I miss it. I guess that part of me never really left, just pushed far back in my mind but those kind of experiences stick with you. If you asked me to go camping here I think I would laugh in your face....come on, we have so many nasty critters-many of which bite and sting. I hardly think south Texas is the camping spot! I also remember learning how to gut a fish and prepare it, and shooting a bb gun-I have good aim so watch out and don't make me mad! haha Maybe one day I will live in an area where I can enjoy these things, or if I'm lucky enough I may be able to grow something in the ground other than ugly weeds and dead grass! :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment