If you've been living under a rock you probably don't know this, but I am pregnant. :) Shocking, I know, since I have been married for 7 1/2 years now and we just now found this to be our time to become parents. Maybe that makes us old fashioned? Many couples we know chose to mix up the order of starting a family-which is fine but then everyone turned to us for so many years asking, "So when are YOU guys going to have kids??" Well ask no more! We get more and more excited as each day goes by and I look down everyday and see less and less of my feet-eventually it'll look like I'm just floating I'm sure, from my point of view. A growing belly makes it seem more real to me, and the fact that in 5 more days we will know if it's going to be a little Ray or Andrea!
It's a funny feeling to know that for so long I watched childhood friends announce their pregnancies, post ultrasound pictures, belly pictures, how many weeks they are...EVERY week, pregnancy tickers, etc. on networking sites and now that could be me. I know it's the excitement that drives people to post this stuff but I don't really see the point in posting every little thing. So for me, I mostly post about the stuff that pertains to me, and if you want to know more beyond what I post you can ask. I just think some of these things can get annoying when you see person after person posting the same stuff. Sorry if all that sounded grumpy or mean-I'm not, it's just been my opinion.
As I sit on my couch on a bright and sunny Saturday morning I am fighting the urge to want to buy baby stuff. I have found that trying to stick to gender neutral things just does not work for me, it only gets me frustrated because they really aren't neutral! I stepped into a Baby's R Us recently with a friend for my first time and found myself completely overwhelmed with the variety and extent of what they carry-how the heck do you know which ones to pick??!!! Even walking through HEB (our grocery store here) down the baby aisle is too much for me, is there a class I can just take to tell me what I really need and what stuff is optional??!! I would love that. The other thing driving me absolutely nuts right now is baby names. 98% of the ones I hear or read about are either stupid, I have/had friends with that name, celebrities share the name etc. and we only have middle names picked out. I don't want names like Joe or Bob, or Jessica (no offense to those who have them)-too common for me, so what do people do in this situation? My luck we'll be arguing about names as I am pushing....it gives me a headache just thinking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment